In your opinion, which of the following have been the most epic love stories so far?
Based on votes from nine people, multiple selections allowed.
I'm not surprised that Severin and Alina ran away with it, even if much of their romance occurred in the fuzzy limbo of pre-kingdom canon. I'm also not surprised that the IFV crew didn't do so well (even though I do think each of those relationships had their literary merits). Aurius and Maru did well-ish, which I could have expected--they did have a whole story that pretty much revolved around them, but that story isn't my main story.
I'll admit I was kind of surprised that Isidro and Riona beat out Sparron and Searle, but those are two completely different kinds of epic. Isidro and Riona are epic because they managed to steal the spotlight of Naroni for so long. Sparron and Searle are epic because they keep taking hits and coming back for more.

I voted Isidro/Riona and Aurius/Maru because I felt like "epic" meant not just monumental but adventurous. Severin/Alina= big and important but not sprawling and epic, methinks.
ReplyDeleteYeah, most of Severin/Alina happened offscreen. It'll probably be more "epic" in Dovia Diaries (assuming I ever get around to updating there).
ReplyDeleteI can definitely see where you get the adventurous connotation from. It fits both Isidro/Riona and Aurius/Maru to a tee.