Sunday, October 9, 2011

Announcement

While I'm sure most of you already knew this was coming, I figured I might as well make it official.

After months of hiatus, I've decided to pull the plug on In Fair Veronaville. It's kind of a shame to do this so close to the theoretical end, but for every reason I have to continue it, there's about a dozen for axing it.

The fact as that I'm not at a very good place in my life right now. I'm doing thirty-three credits this year (maximum at my university is thirty without special permission) and I'll have a few courses over the summer and a full thirty-credit year next year, and then comes the question of "What the hell am I going to do with my life?". I'm also a few weeks away from a breakup--I figure it would be bitchy to dump that stress on him during midterms--and while I know it's what's best for both of us in the long run it will be tough for a while.

In addition to that, I just got my final exam schedule a couple of days ago and found out that I can't leave until December 20th, leaving a very short break between two packed semesters as I'll doubtlessly have to head back on my birthday again; I'm especially pissed about this because my second-last exam is on the 12th, the one I'm hanging around for is in a class I don't really like, and... well, this is going to be a really difficult Christmas for my mom and I was hoping I could get back early to be with her. So much for that now.

Anyway. Five Sim stories are really too much, even if one of them has just been hanging around in limbo for the past couple of months.

Sorry about this. If you remember enough about the plot to have any questions as to how I was planning on ending it, feel free to ask.

Thanks for understanding.

8 comments:

  1. Since I read IFV shortly before you put the story on hiatus, I have to ask.

    How WERE you planning to end it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well...

    Albany was supposed to overhear something about Hal being back in town and married to a Monty. Obviously, he'd be pissed about that, so he was going to go gunning for the Stratfords. He was going to turn up at the house and beat Henry into submission before Beatrice shot him.

    Meanwhile, Hermia--who has been inwardly depressed and defeated--was going to take the fall for Beatrice and commit suicide shortly afterwards. She'd leave a document naming Juliette as her successor.

    Juliette and Kent were going to split amicably. Kent was going to shack up with Puck and they were going to be happy until Puck's inevitable death in childbirth. Juliette was going to be "with" Mercutio, but they weren't going to get married or even live together since neither of them are very domestic.

    Also, the Aefyr kids. They're more likely to reproduce if "bound" to a human soulmate-type-thing born on the same day. The prime choices are human kids born out of some sort of conflict. This happened with Theseus and Helena. It was also going to happen with Theseus's little brother and Ariana Stratford, as well as Puck's baby girl and Juliette and Mercutio's baby boy.

    Meanwhile, Stratford has recorded all of this and finishes his manuscript the night before he's scheduled to speak about it, but he decides that the Aefyr wouldn't have lived out of sight for so long if they didn't value their privacy and ends up burning the thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I'm so sorry to hear that things aren't good for you, Van! :(
    I can totally understand why you don't want to deal with so many stories now, especially since I think you mentioned somewhere that you had kind of "outgrown" IFV.
    I would like to know how it was going to end too. If you could give us a short summary of what-has-not-yet-occured I would be grateful.

    I'm kinda glad it's IFV and not OU you're planning to give up tough. Not that I thought you would, but... ^^

    I hope you'll get through this year and next much better than you anticipate now! *sends good karma, so life will treat you as well as may be*

    Hang in there! :hugs:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry that things have gotten to be so hectic for you Van. :\

    Don't beat yourself up over abandoning the project though. Your hobby is supposed to be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys *hugs*

    Ann: Yeah, IFV was really starting to feel more like a glorified fanfic than anything else (not that there's anything wrong with fanfics, they're just not my thing). The characters just didn't feel like they were mine.

    There's a brief summary in my reply to Joseph's comment, but if you want anything more specific, feel free to ask.

    Don't worry, I still have plenty of bizarre, barely-strung-together ideas for OU :)

    Pen: Exactly, hobbies are supposed to be fun. I just no longer get that out of IFV :S

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is understandable with all you have on your plate. Don't beat yourself up about it. I thank you for sharing the story and the fact that you summarized how it would have ended.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Gayl.

    I still feel kind of bad about not ending it properly, but I just didn't see how I could do it justice with the complete lack of motivation.

    ReplyDelete