Yes, I'm aware that it's November. But damn it, if the stores can get away with it, so can I. Besides, I saw a cute Coca-Cola polar bear commercial today. That means Christmas.
Anyway. I've been toying with the idea of Naroni Christmas specials... pretty much since the beginning. Of course, these never happened. And, realistically, they never will, for CC reasons--namely, the need for entire time period overhauls.
I'll devote this post to the less-well-thought out one, since I don't really have much insight into it beyond the obvious. Basically, the idea was to take a page out of everyone's books--Muppets, Disney, Flintstones, etc.--and do a tongue-in-cheek adaptation of A Christmas Carol, starring Florian as Scrooge. Yep, Florian as Scrooge. That in itself would have been pretty damn awesome.
Extended cast list:
Florian as Scrooge (duh!)
Severin as Cratchit (mainly because he has so many damn kids)
Falidor as Scrooge's nephew Fred (because this idea was conceived at the peak of Falidor's haplessness)
Holladrin as the ever-present, but never-interacting narrator (because of how well she knew Florian)
Aldhein as Jacob Marley (because he's pretty much doomed to become a bitter ghost anyway)
Geneva as the Ghost of Christmas Past (because I doubt she would've objected to a skimpy costume)
Electra as Scrooge's sister/Fred's mother (because she was always like a sister to Florian)
Octavius as Scrooge's old boss (because Octavius is Florian's boss!)
Thetis as Belle (for obvious reasons)
Thetis as Belle (for obvious reasons)
Cambrin (Medea's brother) as the dude Belle marries (for lack of anyone better to play the role; Norwan wasn't cast because the guy's not supposed to be a total dick)
Old Lonriad as the Ghost of Christmas Present (you know how he's surrounded by food in so many adaptations? Yeah, wasn't going to be food in this version)
Alina as Mrs. Cratchit (kind of a given...)
Severin and Alina's kids as the Cratchit kids (also a given. I guess this would have meant Raia as Martha by virtue of being the eldest daughter and, er... Lonriad as Tiny Tim. Although, Viridis would be much more suitable. Tiny Tina, anyone?)
Danthia as Fred's wife (this might have been around the time when the S.S. Danthidor sailed the seas? Maybe this is a Raivrin universe)
Dalston and Celina as Fred's guests (because they are/were important enough characters to make the Christmas special, but I didn't have anywhere better to stick them)
Searle the Incestuous as the Ghost of Christmas Future (because angst)
Adonis, Jothein, and Willott (Laveria's lover with the perpetually bloody apron) as some guys who gossip about Scrooge's lonely grave
Honora, Medea, and Norwan as some grave robbers (hey, Honora had a sketchy past, Medea hated Florian's guts, and Norwan's picture is next to the word "douchebag" in the dictionary)
Roderick and Laralita as some people looking over Scrooge's old (stolen) stuff
Seoth as the pawn shop owner who's selling it
Halford and Arydath as the charity collectors
Lorn as the kid who's told to buy a goose
I'd offer details of specific jokes, but I've forgotten most of them. Sorry. XD
The next one, though, I remember more vividly... ;)
So many competing emotions for me right now... First comes the lulz, then comes the, "Aww, man! Why did Van have to suggest this if it's never going to happen!"
ReplyDeleteHeheh... sorry? :P
DeleteChristmas specials usually come with ads for polar bears and a lot of light. You've got them worked out. I know I've been absent but damn I've missed those people!
ReplyDeleteHeheh. I do love me some polar bear ads.
DeleteNo worries, Beth. These sites are always floating around on the internet without any time constraints for access.