As some of you might have noticed, I've been switching most of my Sims' hairs to either Nouked or Pooklet'd recolors/retextures. The reason for this is that, for all there are gaps in the spectrum, I want to get as close a color match as possible whenever a character changes their hairstyle (temporarily or permanently) and to others in their families.
I haven't managed to do this with everyone just yet. There's a retexture of Octavius's hair, but none of the colors match well at all (plus I don't think he's ever worn another hairstyle anyway, and none of his kids have his exact hair color in my mind). I have the opposite problem with Aldhein, whose hair has always been much browner in my mind and should really be wearing something in Pooklet's Brisance, but I don't really like any other meshes on him and as far as I'm aware, his hair hasn't been Pooklet'd.
But anyway, my current question--Celina and her brown-haired progeny (Xeta specifically, since she's the only one on my outline right now). I had Celina in FantasyRogue's crispinette for the most recent post and the only hair mesh that really works with that is the mesh that was made for it--the braided buns, only available in Pooklet's colors so far as I'm aware. I hadn't managed to match Celina's hair to any of those colors. Depth Charge is too dark, Safety Fuse is too light. Fission is too gray, Brisance is too red. I narrowed it down to Depth Charge and Brisance, then picked Brisance pseudo-randomly (pseudo because most of my brown-haired Sims have Depth Charge and I wanted to mix things up a bit).
I didn't save the hair change. However, we'll be seeing Celina more than a couple times in the next while, and she might not always be wearing her usual hairstyle, so I figure I'd better pick a matchable color for her and stick too it soon. We'll be seeing Xeta too, so she'll be getting her mom's color as well, and her brown-haired kids (a.k.a. all of them, including the one who's not born in-story yet) will probably get Grandma's color as well. There are also Celina's other dark-haired kids, who will also be affected (although none of them have shown up more than a couple times, so hopefully their changes won't be too noticeable). But, since I can't really decide, I'll leave the actual color choice up to you guys :)
Here's Celina in each of the Pooklet browns. None of them are exactly her old hair color, but I'd like to know which is the least shocking to the system. There's a poll in the sidebar; feel free to elaborate in the comments if you like.
I haven't managed to do this with everyone just yet. There's a retexture of Octavius's hair, but none of the colors match well at all (plus I don't think he's ever worn another hairstyle anyway, and none of his kids have his exact hair color in my mind). I have the opposite problem with Aldhein, whose hair has always been much browner in my mind and should really be wearing something in Pooklet's Brisance, but I don't really like any other meshes on him and as far as I'm aware, his hair hasn't been Pooklet'd.
But anyway, my current question--Celina and her brown-haired progeny (Xeta specifically, since she's the only one on my outline right now). I had Celina in FantasyRogue's crispinette for the most recent post and the only hair mesh that really works with that is the mesh that was made for it--the braided buns, only available in Pooklet's colors so far as I'm aware. I hadn't managed to match Celina's hair to any of those colors. Depth Charge is too dark, Safety Fuse is too light. Fission is too gray, Brisance is too red. I narrowed it down to Depth Charge and Brisance, then picked Brisance pseudo-randomly (pseudo because most of my brown-haired Sims have Depth Charge and I wanted to mix things up a bit).
I didn't save the hair change. However, we'll be seeing Celina more than a couple times in the next while, and she might not always be wearing her usual hairstyle, so I figure I'd better pick a matchable color for her and stick too it soon. We'll be seeing Xeta too, so she'll be getting her mom's color as well, and her brown-haired kids (a.k.a. all of them, including the one who's not born in-story yet) will probably get Grandma's color as well. There are also Celina's other dark-haired kids, who will also be affected (although none of them have shown up more than a couple times, so hopefully their changes won't be too noticeable). But, since I can't really decide, I'll leave the actual color choice up to you guys :)
Here's Celina in each of the Pooklet browns. None of them are exactly her old hair color, but I'd like to know which is the least shocking to the system. There's a poll in the sidebar; feel free to elaborate in the comments if you like.
Depth Charge:

Safety Fuse:

Fission:

Brisance:
I think Brisance is the least shock to the system, as you put it. But since Celina is getting older, maybe Fission might also work? You can then put Xeta in Brisance. Or even Safety Fuse, because shouldn't she have a blond recessive?
ReplyDeleteBut that's just my 2 cents. :-)
If it was my decision I would probably go with Depth Charge. But I'm partial to that color. ^^ Brisance would be my second choice. But I think Fission is the only one that really doesn't suit Celina. In my opinion only, mind.
ReplyDeleteWhatever you choose will be fine with me though. ^^
Funny, I get one vote for Brisance and one for Depth Charge and those are the two I was leaning toward most in the first place XD
ReplyDeleteI was thinking I'd switch most of Naroni's brunettes to Fission when they got to the point where they'd be mostly gray (although there are a few young'uns with that color, like Falidor's son Fenrick). But if Ashe's narrative is to be believed, Celina has been ageing particularly well, so she might not be at that point yet.
Good point about the recessives. Xeta and Abrich do have blond recessives (and so does Celina, actually). Searle and Eldona would either have blond or red from Ovrean. I'll have to consider that as well.
Thanks guys :)
I personally think Depth Charge looks the best on her, judging from the pictures on this post.
ReplyDeleteNoted :)
Delete