Whose upcoming reign do you anticipate being the most interesting?

Based on votes from eight people, multiple selections allowed. For the record? Probably not horrible for a poll based around a non-LiveJournal/non-legacy/non-Lothere Sim story. Admittedly, fewer votes than I'd hoped for... but more than I expected, so yay :)
Looks like Lorn took the round, which surprised me seeing as I'd pegged him as the underdog (mostly as a result of his being comparatively stable). But then again, he is coming into his own and we haven't seen him in "lord" mode very often since he got married. That and Rona seems to simultaneously appreciate and antagonize him. And he does have that vitriolic pseudo-friendship with Searle the Used-to-Be-Dying, who is probably his most frequent international contact. And he is kind of the "swing vote" of the current set of rulers.
As for the other three, I had expected that Ietrin would beat out Jadin and Sparron. The jury's still up on whether Sparron will inherit at all--I guess that depends on how sane he is when Octavius starts to seriously worry about his health (he does have two other sons, after all). As for Jadin, I don't think we'll be seeing his reign simply because I've always figured that the logical "end point" of Naroni would be Severin's death (which is still very far off, but I'm thinking it'll coincide with my likely "retirement" time); therefore, Lord Jadin wouldn't be ruling until after the story's end. So... it seems that Ietrin would be the most interesting ruler by default.
Feel free to share any thoughts. New poll coming soon to a side bar near you :)
Looks like Lorn took the round, which surprised me seeing as I'd pegged him as the underdog (mostly as a result of his being comparatively stable). But then again, he is coming into his own and we haven't seen him in "lord" mode very often since he got married. That and Rona seems to simultaneously appreciate and antagonize him. And he does have that vitriolic pseudo-friendship with Searle the Used-to-Be-Dying, who is probably his most frequent international contact. And he is kind of the "swing vote" of the current set of rulers.
As for the other three, I had expected that Ietrin would beat out Jadin and Sparron. The jury's still up on whether Sparron will inherit at all--I guess that depends on how sane he is when Octavius starts to seriously worry about his health (he does have two other sons, after all). As for Jadin, I don't think we'll be seeing his reign simply because I've always figured that the logical "end point" of Naroni would be Severin's death (which is still very far off, but I'm thinking it'll coincide with my likely "retirement" time); therefore, Lord Jadin wouldn't be ruling until after the story's end. So... it seems that Ietrin would be the most interesting ruler by default.
Feel free to share any thoughts. New poll coming soon to a side bar near you :)
I don't remember if I voted for more than Lorn, but I am curious to see his reign since A)he is already Duke b)he seems like he would be more competent than Jadin or Ietrin.
ReplyDeleteI have to admit I was kind of dreading seeing Jadin's since his being in power would mean that Severin was dead.
Note to self: Show more Lorn ;)
ReplyDeleteHe is a fairly competent ruler--much more so than Ietrin or Jadin would be, no doubt. That being said, he's not without his flaws.
Welcome, by the way :)
You mean you're ending Naroni? Let's just hope that Severin's death is a long time away.
ReplyDeleteI remember voting for Sparron because I just can't imagine him as being ruler with his storyline. And not imagining him as being ruler sorta makes me intrigued.
I can't remember my second vote. I have a feeling it was Ietrin but I'm not sure.
I like Lorn but I don't think his rulership (is that a word? lol) will be as interesting as the other three. He's got a pretty stable family life and he's a decent bloke so no trouble there.
Not for a very long while I'm not :P According to the numbers, Severin's about halfway through his expected (a.k.a. probable, but not totally immune to tampering) lifespan. So, if we consider that Naroni has been going on for almost three years and that we've seen about half of Severin's life so far in that time, we can expect about six more real-life years of Naroni, unless of course something happens to cause me to end it earlier, or I decide to continue it on for longer.
ReplyDeletePerhaps part of the intrigue of Sparron's reign is its unlikeliness, true. Ietrin should also be interesting.
The stable characters like Lorn do tend to have easier, less notable lives :P We'll see a bit of him as a ruler in the upcoming years, though, as Rona's storyline unfolds.
I only just found out this blog existed the other day but I would have totally voted for Lorn and Ietrin. Ietrin being at the top would seem to have many unfortunate trickle down effects to everyone around him. Then of course there is Lorn who is very young and in a high position of authority. I would like to see how he's coping.
ReplyDeleteYeah, I figured Ietrin would win for a few reasons, trickle-down included.
ReplyDeleteAs for Lorn... well, we'll probably be seeing him in his lord pants a few times between late 1176 and early-mid 1177.