Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Computer Weirdness -- FOLLOW UP

Okay. So my computer was running okay this morning, but when I got back from class... zilch. Fortunately, it's only a month old, so I still have plenty of warranty time. Called Dell tech support, ran diagnostics as directed by the guy on the other end, turns out the hard drive is faulty. A technician will be coming with a replacement part within the next few days, most likely on Thursday but possibly Friday.

Fortunately for me, I had the sense to keep the old computer handy. Also, I did a back up while in safe mode during the initial stages of the failure and have done almost nothing since without saving it to a memory stick, so I'll lose little if any data.

Sims? Well, this computer only has the base game and I don't know if it can handle anything beyond that. However, I should be able to take the next batch of Naroni pictures here, because it involves old Sims on an old lot with no new extra features needed. Of course, this depends on whether or not I can get through my homework by a reasonable time.

So... yeah, that's pretty much it right now. I think I'll maybe watch an episode of Game of Thrones just to cool myself down (needless to say it's been a fairly stressful day), and then I'll get right to my work.

Thanks for your patience and understanding :)

No comments:

Post a Comment