Sunday, April 27, 2014

The Masque Cast

As promised, here are some pictures (click to embiggen). Everyone will be listed left to right, starting with the back row. First of all, the Orkney family:


Vera as Garnet Orkney, Morgause's daughter. Garnet was the last Orkney to be cast; Vera mainly got the role on the basis of being Raia and Lonriad's sister, for the family resemblance. Plus she's pretty tight with Morgan, so that probably had something to do with it.

Raia as Morgause Orkney. Mainly for lack of anyone sufficiently evil to play Morgause--but I did like the idea of the Chancellor playing the villain.

Lonriad as Mordred Orkney, Morgause's son (and defense lawyer). I figured he'd be a good balance of talent and hamminess (and as everyone who reads the comments on Albion knows, I am far from Mordred's Number One Fan, so whoever played him had to be able to do so in a somewhat cartoony way). Plus poor Lonriad does need to keep his mind off things, so a sufficiently large part was in order.


Next up, the prosecutors and law enforcement:


Isidro as Will du Lac, the prosecutor. As Morgaine pointed out in the comments, this trial was Will's first, so Izzy's anxiety about the part actually served him well in playing it.

Octavius as Pellinore Gwynedd, the judge. Honestly, this casting call was mainly based on "They're both lords who wear green, why not?"

Ellona as Morgan le Fay, Morgause's half-sister who brings her in. With the Chancellor playing Morgause, I thought it might be fun for the students to see the Assistant Chancellor playing Morgan--a little fictionalized internal strife.

Riona as Jessica du Lac (nee Pendragon), Morgause and Morgan's niece, who helps her one aunt capture the other aunt. After casting Izzy as Will, this seemed the natural decision. Riona's being a freckly redhead also helped.

Lucien as Christopher Tower, the prison warden. Originally, he and Searle's roles were reversed, but I switched them at the last minute figuring that Searle would appreciate the added lines more.


Now for the jury:


Renata as Claire de Ganis. Florian as Bors was one of the earliest casting decisions, and I got a kick out of the idea of Florian being married to Renata.

Severin as Richard Ferreira. Mainly because I imagine they'd get along fairly well if they existed in the same universe.

Falidor as Lancelot du Lac. They sort of remind me of each other sometimes, so I figured why not.

Ovrean as Edmond Chevaux. Poor Ovrean hasn't done much lately, so I decided I'd give him a good part, and Edmond is awesome.

Nora as Naomi Emrys. One of the later casting calls, just a matter of who was left to cast and who was left who may have merited a part. A lot of the rest of these fall into that category, so I'll omit the explanation from this point forth.

Searle as Aglovale Gwynedd. Again, he and Lucien originally had each other's parts.


Witnesses for the prosecution:


Bernardo as Ash Thatcher.

Celina as Betsy Pelles.

Xeta as Dindrane Gwynedd (yeah, technically Orkney, but if the Pascalians won't grant her a real divorce, I'll grant her one in my head).

Severin Shadeling as Thorn Michaelson. He probably got the part because his mom is such good friends with the playwright.


Witnesses for the defense:


Lorn as Brother Lodwicke.

Jadin as Talin of Depiesse.

Garrett as Michael Rawe. Naroni needs more Sims of color.


And now, for the people watching the trial in three parts...

The Royal Family:


Searle Mokonri as Ambrosius Emrys. Ambrosius is actually a Servo, but I didn't know how easily that would translate into a Naronian play about a trial that has nothing to do with Servos, so I just dressed him in grey. He's not a major role in this arc anyway.

Aldhein as Arthur Pendragon, King of Albion. See Alsina's entry.

Alsina as Alison Pendragon, Queen of Albion. I figure she got the part through Nora, who thought she needed something to do, and then she asked if Aldhein could have a part too.

Rona as Lynn Pendragon (nee de Ganis), Crown Princess of Albion. Luckily for her, Rona gave birth just in time for the masque.

Ashe as Tommy Pendragon, Crown Prince of Albion.


Higher-ranking trial observers:


Florian as Bors de Ganis. Because... Florian. As. BORS.

Jeda as Eilwen Gwynedd.

Leara as Guinevere du Lac.

Sparron as Lamorak Gwynedd. The one thing I will say is that it's strange that Sparron and Searle are playing brothers.

Arydath as Bianca Ferreira.

Old Hilla as Maude Parkinson.


Observers of the common variety (plus some from the Initial Incident):


Lettie as Cerise Chevaux.

Riala Denvus as Ginny Thatcher. Aunt Nora probably got her the part.

Tarien as Merlin Emrys.

Nanalie as Kata Thatcher. Just pretend she's visibly pregnant (er, Nanalie, not Kata).

Hilla as Lyndsay Thatcher. Ditto for visibly pregnant (again, actress, not character--though Lyndsay does seem to be pregnant a lot).

No comments:

Post a Comment