Saturday, January 11, 2014

Family crests!

Exactly what it says on the label. I've been meaning to give my families crests for some time, if only on paper (I'm no good at drawing). So, last night, Ann was kind enough to help me come up with ideas for all of the families, including the gentlefolk in case they rise (and eh, who's to say a gentleman can't make himself a family crest, just for the hell of it?). Here's a crude chart of the current leading ideas, with rather hastily approximated family colors:


They're not set in stone yet, so if anyone has any thoughts, or is curious about the justification of any idea, I'd be happy to hear from you. :)


(As for why "de Cervantes" has two... I figure Casimiro and Bernardo can use the traditional sword, but Isidro wouldn't want to use Domingo's crest. Ann suggested a stag for Isidro's branch.)

2 comments:

  1. Well, you already know I like it. ^^ (And for the record I like this swatch too.)
    Not sure about the Mardalieth Orca still, but if I come up with anything else I'll let you know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The idea of the compass rose is quite interesting as well, though I do like the thought of some sort of sea creature for them as well, and orcas are so majestic. Maybe the crest could combine elements?

      Delete