WHAAAAT? WASN'T THE LAST ONE LIKE A BAZILLION YEARS AGO?!!?!
...But for serious. Here be the Kemorins. The Shadelings are included because Lucien is the only adult Shadeling, but the Wythleit, de Cervantes, and Andronei families will get their own posts.
Descriptions of the types are here, or you can click on them.
...with the caveat that, you know, The Times. I don't think anything Severin comes up with would be considered particularly radical today (though some of it could stand to be more commonplace), but we've seen a few instances of his coming to verbal blows with his contemporaries when he's voiced a few of his more modern ideas, and we do know that a lot of the Dovians think he's a bit batty. It might also be worth noting that Severin spent a good chunk of his youth rather firmly in Shock-Value Seeker territory.
Things didn't end happily for Alina, and she did deal with some serious post-partum depression that would have crawled into her family life to at least some extent. That said, she always did the best she could with the energy she had, for Severin and for the kids, and none of them can accuse her of otherwise. If she'd lived, I imagine she would have healed eventually, to the point where she might have even accepted menopause with near-relief. She would have made an excellent grandmother.
Nora does love her kids... but I don't think she ever intended to have as many as she did. Unlike many Soulmates, I don't think her feelings for her children are strongly rooted in her feelings for their fathers; she does see each of them for their own merits and loves them as individuals. That said, at the end of the day... well, most of her children are adults and teenagers now, and she's more in the grandmother mindset than the mother mindset in regards to her descendants. She might have been more of a Minivan Mogul in her younger days, but now, she's happy to hand her grandkids back to their parents so she can go wear out another mattress with their stepfather.
Jadin may be a cad, but he's not a jerk. He's upfront about his sex life, but he's also got his own code of honor in regards to his conquests, and that includes honesty and respect. Even with prostitutes at the brothel, I tend to picture Jadin as a pillow-talker--where did you grow up, what's your favorite color, what's your opinion about x current event--and if a woman ever tells him "No", Jadin is a good enough person not to force her. He's also madly in love with Xeta and goes out of his way to make sure she knows it, even if they're both well aware that he'll never be fully faithful to her.
Xeta probably leans slighty toward the Caregiver side of this category. That said, she's never shafted Jadin in favor of their kids, unless it was maybe for the sake of creating more kids (and it's Jadin--he enjoyed it). She is a mom before she is a wife, but it's not so distant a gap that I think she'd be categorized otherwise.
Mainly because she's too young to be thinking of kids yet, especially since she'll be attending university before she gets married. But this may change, since we haven't seen much of Lyssa yet. The one thing we do know is that she has a crush on Landus.
This should surprise no one. Even when they're not together--even when they arguably hate each other--everything and everyone in Searle's world takes orbit around the sun that is Sparron. He does love his kids, and maybe even Lettie in a friend/cousin/brother-sister way, but obviously he's not incapable of throwing them under the emotional bus if he's preoccupied enough with Sparron, which is unfortunately often.
Not to say that Lettie isn't curious, but a lot of her intellectual pursuits seem to be rooted in making other people uncomfortable--this is a woman who has no qualms about talking to her grandparents about gay sex between biblical figures, after all. She also knowingly and willingly married a man who was madly in love with another man, and approached the orgy that resulted in Prior and Alina's conception with a somewhat education-based approach. She may not have been itching to have Sparron's babies, but extra-marital sex with her husband's boyfriend and his also-gay wife? Sure, why not?
Lonriad is a Kemorin and he has the libido to show for it. That said--unlike his big brother, he's very good about focusing all of his sexual energy on one person (er, for the most part; he did visit some brothels while he was in Spain with Izzy and Co., but I struggle to see him doing so when he's home, when Asalaye is right there). Asalaye was not his first, and if she dies before he does, she won't be his last, but he's much happier wearing out mattress with her than he is making new notches in his bedpost with anyone else.
A perfect match! Asalaye has more than enough libido to keep up with Lonriad, and is also perfectly happy to keep it to a single person, at least while they're both still alive. They're also both rather creative people, so between the two of them, I'm sure there are enough twists to keep the sex fresh and interesting.
Ever since she was young, Vera has always been fiercely loyal to her family, blood or marriage or otherwise. She is not without some hint of an impish side--she is a Kemorin, after all--but she was probably the child who gave her parents the least trouble (Viridis was less impish, but her health presented its own kind of trouble). She's also been steadfastly supportive of Lucien, is a loving mother to her son, and is currently fretting over the state of her unborn child (though now that she's showing, she's relaxed a bit).
I think Lucien falls into the "probably wouldn't have had kids if their partner didn't want them" sub-class of The Soulmate, as he does seem to be a little afraid of screwing them up (though now that his son is older, he's probably gotten over at least some of that). He loves his son, he'll love the baby Vera's carrying, and he'll love any other child they happen to have... but I think that if Vera had said she didn't want kids, or if she hadn't been able to have kids, he would have been one hundred percent okay with that. It's all about Vera for Lucien.
Roddie is a gem! He definitely did not dodge the Kemorin libido--we'll see that for sure when he's older--but he has a wonderful heart and is something of a romantic (for all he may go to his grave denying it). Whenever he falls in love, I think that will be it for him.
I only recently came up with my plans for Falidor's love life, and I think it will prove to be a very sweet storyline. They'll be one of those couples who cause raised brows wherever they go, and probably more than one person will be telling Falidor that he can do better... but methinks he'll stick by his lady no matter what.
She just hit the teen transition in my game and was into advanced mathematics well before that? To the point of babbling on to an older guy about all her theories? Yep, I think we have a Thought Pioneer in the making here. CeeCee is going to be both very fun and very difficult to write.
I'm not sure which family I'll do next. I kind of want to cover Naroni before branching into Dovia, so I suppose I'll go through the knight/gentlefolk families first.
I find it interesting that I totally misguessed Asalaye's Aspiration. I had her pegged as a Fortune Sim.
ReplyDeleteI tend to change my adult Sims' aspirations quite a bit because I'm prone to changing my mind about what suits them best. Asalaye's Romance Aspiration is fairly recent; I think she was Family or Popularity as a teen, and she was Fortune at one point during her adulthood. I think she's been everything except Knowledge and Grilled Cheese at some point or another.
Delete