Monday, October 7, 2013

Contest! Name the University!

When I decided to give Naroni a university, I knew I wanted it to have a more interesting name than just "University of Naroni" or "Naroni University" or "University at Naroni". That said, I suck at naming things (seriously, there is a certain subset of character names and surnames that I cringe at despite having made them up) and I'm lazy.

So, you guys are going to name it for me. :)

First off, if anyone has any suggestions for the name, either send it to me in a PM at Plumb-Bob Keep (Van) or email me at my Sims-specific address, coconutsandsaltydovans@gmail.com. If you have multiple suggestions, you may submit one per day (just so there's a concrete limit, but probably just a precautionary one). For the sake of anonymity, please do not submit suggestions in comments.

At the end of the submission period, I will post the list of submitted names here. Then, contacting me via either of the two methods mentioned above, you may all list your top however-many choices (I will specify the number when the submissions are posted, as it will depend on the total number of submission), ranked in order of preference. Note that you do NOT have to have submitted a name in order to vote, and yes, you're welcome to vote for your own submissions. At the end of the voting period, I will tally the votes, with regards to the preferential rankings.

And of course, the name with the most points wins.

And as a prize, the person who submitted the winning name may have their pick of FIVE of my Sims, for whatever nefarious purposes they desire. Almost all Naroni Sims are game; the exceptions are the founders, since they're already up for download, and any Sims that were created by someone else (these Sims would be Fred, Dania, Anna, Morgan, Cherry, Xeta's maid Penna, Nora's maid Ivona, and the not-yet-seen Winter, who is the nanny to the Torgleid kids).


Contest Timeline

Submission period: October 7 - October 21
Voting period: October 22 - October 31


My thanks in advance to anyone who participates!

2 comments:

  1. Question! Where in Naroni will the new university be located?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The university will be located in a thus-far unpopulated corner of Veldora.

      Delete