Installed University through Bon Voyage. Will install Free Time and Apartment Life at a later date.
Seems to run fine so far. No crashes. A few things kind of annoyed me, though:
1. I seem to have no control over the weather and couldn't find anything in InSim to fix it (I have the AL version of InSim). I'm sure there's a mod to for that, though. Might check out the blender.
2. Since I was going to age her up soon anyway, I decided to use Ursula as the test dummy for university. She met Castor Nova in her building, they hit it off, turns out they're double-bolters, so I made her ask him on a date. During the date, he went into an empty dorm and vanished. At first I thought it was a glitch, but then I read up on it and I guess that's what happens when Sims on University lots go into private rooms to make the game run more efficiently. Didn't know that. Still, it was annoying in that instance.
3. It wouldn't let me take screenshots! I'm not too worried, though. After a bit of research, I've set desktop composition to disable itself when Sims runs, and that should solve the problem. If not, I'll just look into a screen capture program.
On the plus side... Seasons! Naroni can have snow now! And BodyShop! I already made a set of dresses and am planning on some men's outerwear. Also downtowns! More space for lots! :D
EDIT: The screenshot problem is resolved, although due to the funky new aspect ratio I will have to get used to taking shots with the knowledge that I'll be cropping out a quarter of the width. I have also found the fabled Weather Adjuster :)
Ursula went on another date with Castor Nova. They went downtown this time. They ended up having sex in a hot tub while Evadne's creepy uncle watched (he kept heart-farting over Ursula, which is weird because his wife is nothing like her... I guess turn-ons for preexisting Sims are randomized without acknowledging past and current relationships?).
No comments:
Post a Comment