Saturday, July 30, 2011

Extended Pooklet Spectrum?

A while ago, I was playing around in Paint.Net and ended up fiddling with the Pooklet swatches.

Now, don't get me wrong, I like the Pooklet colors, but there are a few definite gaps in the spectrum--namely, a dirty blond, a reddish auburn, and a black that's neither brownish nor outright blue-black--so what I did was I organized the colors in what seemed to be a natural progression and then filled in the gaps with some home-brewed blends:


Sorry about the ridiculous zoom. Anyway, the ones with the blue dots are the new colors. The squares in the bottom corners (err, if you can see them) indicate possible binning.

Not sure if I'm going to do anything with this. Right now, I can't because I lack Photoshop and therefore the ability to play with actions. Also, I don't know how the original creator would feel about any alterations, so I may need to do some research there. Just thought I'd share in case someone else wanted to play around with the idea for their own recolors.

3 comments:

  1. I don't know anything about recolors, but the gaps I see are the same that you see. The dirty blonde, the color I'd call strawberry blonde, and that color between black and brown with no blue in it.

    How she would react...no idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy. I had no idea there was a Pooklet spectrum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beth: Yeah, there seem to be a few obvious spaces in the spectrum :S

    Lunar: Heheh... I don't think there's supposed to be :P I'm just weird like that.

    ReplyDelete