Sunday, November 3, 2013

Aspiration Subtypes, Part III: The Tamrions of Tetran

Finally got back to these, it seems. Subtypes can be found here.



Baron Octavius of Tetran (Family/Knowledge): THE MINIVAN MOGUL

I think Octavius averages out to be The Minivan Mogul, though I think he keeps his Caregiver side and his Soulmate side fairly distinct (and I should hope that all Minivan Moguls do! But Octavius seems to take it to a whole new level). His Caregiver side really comes out with his kids, particularly Sparron, who despite being the oldest seems to be the one who needs him most--apart from maybe Jeda, who is sadly out of reach, and I think Octavius beats himself up about that quite a bit. His marriage to Medea was a disaster, but in regards to Holladrin in particular and Renata to a lesser extent... well, I think all of Octavius's wives were kept very separate from their children in his mind. While many Soulmates love their kids greatly as an extension of their spouses, I don't think Octavius has any problem with recognizing the people he loves as individuals.


Baroness Medea of Tetran (Fortune/Popularity): THE SCROOGE

I think Medea is one of those characters who would have been so much happier if she'd had a career, and I think she would have been damn good about managing her finances. She dressed herself well, but clothes aside, Medea never struck me as the sort of person who needed a lot of things to make her happy, and she might have found security in having a large sum to fall back on. Medea's illness took over before anyone (including Medea herself) could really know what she wanted out of life, but whatever it was, I'm sure she would have preferred to pursue it without anyone else holding her back.


Princess Holladrin of Dovia, Baroness of Tetran (Family/Popularity): THE MINIVAN MOGUL

Holladrin always did a fantastic job of balancing her kids and her husband. Even with her sickness, she was always there for her children, including Sparron and Jeda, but she always made time for Octavius--and just Octavius--too. And while we didn't see a lot of the whole family together (largely because I didn't want to deal with that many Sims in the shoot), I'm sure they spent plenty of time all together whenever Holladrin was feeling up for it.


Baroness Renata of Tetran (Knowledge/Romance): THE DERIVATIVE RESEARCHER

While I wouldn't say that Renata is the most orthodox character in Naroni--not by a long shot--she's not the least orthodox either. She's an accepting soul, and she's certainly clever enough to form ideas on her own, but for the most part, I don't think her intellectual pursuits involve anything too revolutionary.


Sparron of Tetran (Family/Fortune): THE CAREGIVER

Sparron didn't want to reproduce because of the possibility of passing his illness along, but now that Prior exists, he's more or less the centre of Sparron's universe. We've also seen more than a few hints of his pining for Alina, the daughter he has but can't acknowledge. He does get along with Camaline, but we all know that they'll never be more than friends, and they're both okay with that at this point. We've also seen how he functions in romantic relationships and it's not pretty, so it's a good thing he's focusing on Prior for now.


Princess Camaline of Naroni (Fortune/Knowledge): THE PICTURE OF SUCCESS

Okay, so we haven't actually seen Camaline earning any money yet, but she will be bringing in a salary when the school starts up, and it's not as if Sparron and Octavius never consult her. She does have expensive tastes--her beautiful dress, for example, and all that pristine furniture in her bedroom--but she's good enough about managing her finances that she can afford something luxurious every now and then. Things have been rough for the Tamrions in recent years, but they won't be running out of money any time soon, and Camaline's contributions will only help.


Nythran of Tetran (Family/Popularity): THE MINIVAN MOGUL

I haven't thought much about Nythran just yet, but I think he'll be a lot like both of his parents.


Farilon of Tetran (Family/Knowledge): THE MINIVAN MOGUL

Eh, see above. :P



Next up is the Kemorins. I simultaneously anticipate and dread.

No comments:

Post a Comment